Douglas Disposal Hazardous Waste Facility
Services are available to all Douglas County residents by appointment only.
We are located adjacent to the Douglas County Transfer Station on Dump Road off of Pinenut Road.
Hours of Operation
Thursdays: 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturdays: 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
To make an appointment; please contact the office at (775) 782-5713.
Service is free to residents.
Please remember to take precautions when handling chemical products to protect yourself and others from harm.
- Up to 20 gallons per day in 5-gallon and smaller containers
- Containers must be sealed with a lid, not leaking and identified (if material type is known)
- We do not return containers
- We do not accept 55-gallon drums
- Safe needle disposal, please read this information.
Residents: Fees apply to the following to assist in the cost of recycling these items.Please see scale house attendant prior to proceeding to the drop off location
- Televisions & computer monitors
- Refrigerators, freezers & air conditioners
- Compressed gas cylinders such as propane
Photo by: Jennifer Ward, Customer Service Representative